Skip the flowers, chocolates and teddy bears this year in favor of something more modern and functional. Valentine’s Day is February 14th, and we’ve rounded up 14 of our favorite items to gift your special someone.
1. Blomus Nexio Hairdryer Holder – Are tangled cords and a lack of storage space a stressful part of their morning routine? Show you notice the little things and make days easier and neater.
2. Riedel “O” Whiskey Bar Glass – You know their favorite drink. Give them a way to enjoy it to the fullest with this tastefully designed set.
3. Stelton EM Copper Oil Lamp – Candles are a great go-to, but the old-world charm of this vintage treasure made modern is sure to set a romantic mood.
4. Lapuan Kankurit Eskimo Blanket – Cozy up together with this super soft and warm blanket, in a lovely shade of rose perfect for the occasion.
5. MoMA Black Chalkboard Vase – Stick a couple of stems (bonus if you know their favorite flower) and write a sweet note or doodle on this non-traditional vase.
6. Design House Stockholm Arrow Hanger – Cupid’s got nothing on you. This arrow adds graphic interest to a wall and folds down to hold anything from trousers to towels.
7. Alessi Ship Shape Butter Dish – Talk about relation(ship) goals. Butter them up with this cute and clever dish and knife combo, which can always be used to make breakfast in bed.
8. Design House Stockholm Knot Cushion – Ready to tie the knot? This cushion was actually inspired by teddy bears with long, dangly legs. It’ll add comfort and style to your favorite snuggling spot.
9. Black and White (and a bit in between) – Do they love everything interior design? Inspire them with this beautiful design book, filled with ideas not on their Pinterest board.
10. Riedel Black Tie Bliss Decanter – The heart on this decanter is not only sweet and symbolic — it also acts as a handle for pouring. Best paired with their favorite red wine.
11. MoMA Monochrome Fan Wall Clock – After all this time, you’re still their biggest fan and love their every shade. This clock will remind them of that whenever they check the time.
13. MENU Jewelry Tree – If you’ve gifted them jewelry before, they’ll love a new way to display it. This piece won the Red Dot Design Award and is sure to win their heart, too.
14. iittala Taika Dinnerware Starter Set – This set is the start to a beautiful story, just like yours. Taika means Magic in Finnish, and this enchanting scene will set the mood whenever you set the table.