The entryway welcomes you home and is the first impression for your guests. Keep it stylish and functional with modern solutions from AlwaysMod. Even if your entryway is a high-traffic drop zone, the right clutter busters will make it a haven. You’ve heard the adage, “A place for everything and everything in its place,” but remember that the place for your belongings can be art itself. Here are 6 tips for a stylish and functional modern entryway, and the best items to help you achieve it.
1. Pick a practical rug. A lovely rug works well to anchor an entryway, and protects your floors. A rug that is resilient to muddy messes and heavy traffic was hard to find, until Chilewich created the woven vinyl floor mat. They are available in custom sizes, to cover the whole floor or as a utility mat pictured above. Beautiful weaves in both neutral and bold colorways are also super-resistant to frays, snags, stains, mold and bacteria. Chilewich Floor Mats can even be mopped, so your entryway floor could not be easier to keep pristine.
2. Have a seat. Putting on or pulling off shoes, sorting mail, and attaching dog leashes are all easier when you can sit in a chair. A modern and stylish chair in the entryway also sets the tone for your home. Atop the Chilewich Floor Mat above is the Vitra Panton Chair. The Vitra Drop Chair also has high-impact style with a small footprint.
3. Think up. Take advantage of vertical space with wall storage. The iittala Aitio Storage Boxes are just right for a mail drop, and the Vitra Corniche Shelves can hold a few sentimental tokens or a pair of sunglasses on your way in.
4. Get hooked. A configuration of wall hooks is practical, but also stunning. Arrange a collection of the iittala Aarre Wall Jewels and truly glamourous art will work for you. Design House Stockholm Arrow Hanger is a clever hook that pulls out to hold up to 55 pounds, so a bicycle can feature stylishly on the wall, or perhaps just a school bag. The sleek Blomus Wall Hooks in matte or polished stainless steel are perfect for sweaters, coats and scarves. If you prefer your coats and accessories in one neat row, the Blomus Menoto Coat Rack is ready for the challenge.
5. Find the keys. Keys can be tucked away and secure in the sleek Blomus Velio Key Box, in grey or white. The key box is also a magnet board, and can be written on with dry erase marker, so it can be a command center of organization.
6. Stand against the weather. Leave blustery weather at the door, and protect your floors from drips with a modern umbrella stand. For an artistic style choose the Alessi Blow Up Umbrella Stand, for minimalism choose the Blomus Menoto Umbrella Stand, or for a polished statement, choose the Blomus Slice Umbrella Stand.
A stylish and functional entryway is possible with beautiful modern organization. What are your plans for a smoother welcome home?