Eating healthier and getting organized are two of the most common New Year’s resolutions people make.
Unfortunately, that means that these great goals for 2017 are some of the most commonly abandoned ones.
When starting any project, the first step is making sure you have the proper tools at hand.
Why should New Year’s resolutions be any different?
These smart and stylish products will motivate you to start and help you stay on top of those goals all year long.
This New Year’s resolution can take the form of a new diet, a vow to eat out less, or a quest to learn how to cook. However you plan to tackle new eating habits for the New Year, it all boils down to being fully equipped in the kitchen.
- Traditional and trusted cookbooks are a must for plenty chefs, though many now turn to online sources for their recipes. The Joseph Joseph Compact Folding Bookstand accommodates both so that recipes are easily read, within reach, but out of the way.
- Designed to reduce the likelihood of cross-contamination in the kitchen, the Joseph Joseph Index 100 Chopping Board Set keeps workstations separate in one space-saving design. One board for fish, meat, veggies and cooked items, the boards have index-style tabs that are color-coded and illustrated to indicate which type of food they should be used for.
- The Shun Cutlery Classic 7pc Essential Block Set holds the must-haves for novice or master chefs. In the great tradition of ancient Japanese sword smiths, every knife is handmade by highly skilled specialists and requires at least 100 steps to complete. In addition to key pieces like the Shun Classic Paring, Utility, and Chef’s Knife, the set also includes a Bread Knife with its low-frequency serrations and the handy Herb Shears.
- High quality cookware, like that in the iittala Tools 3-Piece Cookware Set, is an investment worth making. The stainless steel casseroles with lids and sautese pan are constructed using an innovative Compound Technology with an internal layer of aluminum that distributes and retains heat evenly to create superior results for the passionate cook. A bnous? The casseroles each feature interior measuring scales.
- A scale is such a simple tool to add to your kitchen workspace that many never think to until they are faced with difficult measurements in a recipe. An accurate alternative to the volumetric system, the Joseph Joseph SwitchScale makes measuring out any ingredient easy. Use as a flat scale for packaged items or those that stand on their own like veggies, or flip the lid to create a bowl perfect for loose items like grains and nuts.
Cluttered homes can often lead to cluttered minds. We’re all for a bit of a creative mess, but being able to find what you need and having a clean space to retreat to is essential to worry-free days.
- Inspired by the device used to hold food orders for the short order cook in a restaurant setting, the Design Ideas Short Order Organizer brings that same fast-paced accessibility to the home and office. The metal rail will grab onto recipes, grocery lists, bills, and reminders – whatever tasks you need to tackle for the day – which can be removed without any damage to the page.
A storage system of containers, clips and hooks provides a place for everything in the kitchen, office, workshop and more. Dorothee Becker designed the Vitra Uten.Silo I Wall Organizer in 1969, and the design has proven its timeless utilitarian beauty.
Neglected laundry is a common culprit of clutter for many. Laundry waiting to be washed or folded won’t seem such a task in the cute and tidy Danica Studio Calliope Large Hamper. Of course, the sturdy 100% cotton canvas will round up toys, towels or balls, so any room of the house will benefit from the cheerful striped lines. Toting it around is no problem with the strong attached handles.
Firewood and magazines are but suggestions for the storage possibilities Artek Kanto provides. Made from pressed birch plywood, it was designed by Pancho Nikander in 2004 with small spaces in mind. It can sit snug against a chair or table, but it’s a functionally beautiful piece that you will want to be displayed.
A natural wooden box is home to 15 sheets of EVA foam, which are highly pliable and ready to store anything from rulers and writing utensils to calculators and scissors – even your smart phone. With all your supplies as your fingertips, happier and more productive work days are ahead thanks to the Design Ideas Norton Desk Organizer.
What are your New Year’s resolutions for 2017?