My friends’ wedding is coming up in a few weeks which means wedding season is upon us. Not just because I have wedding to go to, but because June happens to be one of the most popular wedding months, along with August, September and October. I’ve rounded up some practical yet aesthetically pleasing items from AlwaysMod that would make great wedding gifts for the modern design-loving couple. Some wedding etiquette experts recommend sticking with a couple’s registry, others say it’s fine to go off-course as long as you know the soon-to-be-newlyweds’ style. I tend to agree with the latter.
1. This Magisso Bamboo Cutting Board is as functional as it is stylish. The unique design produces a safer, easier and more efficient activity. The front ridge stabilizes the bamboo block against the edge of the counter, while the back wall acts as a knife guide, keeps contents contained and helps funnel the final product into a pan or dish.
2. The solid structure of the iittala Allas Cast Iron Candle Holder is a modern interpretation of the classic candelabra. Display taper candles at varying heights for a simple and timeless centerpiece at the dining room table or any other surface that would benefit from candlelight.
3. Art and craftsmanship go hand-in-hand in the iittala Ruutu Vase. Each vase is mouth-blown into a steel mold and hand-polished, which requires 24 hours of work from seven craftsman. Also available in other sizes and colors.
4. Even though this iittala Lokerovati Platter was designed in 1957, it’s as contemporary and relevant as ever. Four sharply angled compartments give a tailored, yet exceptional presentation for hors d’oeuvres.
6. Anyone who entertains will appreciate having a charcuterie board, especially this Tina Frey one. It’s made of resin, which means it won’t shatter or break when dropped; perfect for the outdoors as well.
7. If you’re going to serve water, you might was well serve it in a conversation piece. The Tonfisk Shadow Water Carafe stands at an intriguing angle atop a correlating coaster, which cleverly mimics the shape of its shadow.
8. Simplify the lemon squeezing process while keeping the counter and hands clean with the Blomus Callista Lemon Squeezer. When it’s not being used, it looks like a piece of art. This is function and form at its finest.